Religion and Dogma

  I have been thinking about content for my first blog post. After a long Internet
search for “how to find a topic for a blog”; the best I could think of for
today was about ‘religion and dogma’.
  I must say I am no expert in thinking or theorist in such a field. This is a mere
expression of my naïve witlessness about religion and the worries it brings me
when I think about this. If I can achieve an understanding with some Divine
help, then I shall know I am serving my TRUE GOD the ‘right way’.
  I cannot credit myself for coining this Idea, though I wish I did, I wouldn’t
discourage me from contributing to the vast knowledge on Religion. I have
concluded through my experience that Religion entails a powerful blend of
Culture and truth (the message that generates the culture). What worries me is
that the former has been the main focus of the religious practice to the point
where the ‘truth’ gives way to culture. Through the culture, we have powerful
ideologies that are binding; they become Dogma.
  The problem for me is, these
cultures conflict with new ideas and Truth (proven Facts). Some to the extent
of wars and ‘terror –ism’.
  Dogma
is not such a bad idea; after all, it is based on principles. It is the source
of morality. When the principles change, what is then expected to happen? But we
know the truth is the same throughout Time. The sun will most definitely rise
from the east tomorrow. There will always be two polarities - positive and
negative. Those are truths and fact.



Comments

Popular Posts