What I want to be when I grow up

As a freshmen in high school, every teacher who entered our class asked us to do one thing; “Tell me what you want to be when you grow up?” they will say.
On one such occasion, I was tired of saying the same thing, "a lawyer", so I changed my response and said I wanted to be a journalist. That innocent variation was not short of a prophetic premonition.
I am sure you had to answer such question at some point in life. Now that I am a journalist, I have to revisit the question once again. Here are five jobs I would love to do. I call them job fantasies. 


I want to be a Driver (Chauffeur)

Image result for Black ChauffeurJust like the fantasy for uniform men, I happen to wanna be a chauffeur. The uniform, the hat and the perks that comes with it – traveling and dinning expensively on someone's expense – that is the dream. I guess watching too much Jason Statham's Transporter Movie series can do that to you.

I get to drive the most expensive cars without owning them, sit in the front seat while my boss talks business at the back seat.

Most importantly, I want to learn from the top executives and business managers. I might get one or two investment advice and offer intelligent suggestions in return (Just like Robert De Niro in The Intern - 2015)

I want to be a waiter
Picture source: http://tinyurl.com/ltr3825
First on my list is waiting table. A waiter is the well dressed fella you see at restaurants and bars serving people. Waiting tables is a good place to learn how to multi-task and be reliable. I want to experience how people generally treat strangers. I want to, also, study how people interact with others; how they express feelings with people they love in public.
Then again, I want to understand how it feels like for people to undermine you, humiliate you and vent intolerably towards you out of impatience or a slight mix-up. I want to know why people judge your social status by the uniform you wear and how many people are compassionate to others who serve them.
Above all, I want to learn how to serve efficiently and be humbled while doing that. I bet it will be a great character building experience. It is true that some people started off their career by waiting tables.

I want to be a day-care teacher 
Children are something else. They live in a whole universe parallel to ours. They are a bunch of lawless, selfish individuals to whom logic means nothing. Try telling a 2 years old that sweet are bad for them. I tired teaching a 3 year old that life will not always give you everything you ask for including candy.  I had to bite back my words and overcompensate afterwards.
It is a war out there when it comes to these innocent cute bundles of joy. To tame and train them means a lot. That is why I want to be a nursery teacher. Patience and negotiation are skills worth having and these children are the best teachers. David Lewis in his book “The Secret Language of Your Child” demonstrate that young children are able to talk fluently to one another using silent face and body language to communicate.
 It is prudent to stop here and thank all mothers and those who take care of infants. Their dedication to children is nothing short of agape love.

I want to be a comedian
Comedy is the soul of happiness. I don't know who said it first but I guess you can attribute me for it. I secretly dream for a career in comedy (you can't begin to imagine). It is exciting when people laugh, (at least not at you) it is more fulfilling when you are personally responsible for that laughter, your spirit rejoices. I dream of becoming a comedian for this purpose. The only thing is, I am not funny.
Secondly, ladies fall easily for funny gentlemen who makes them laugh, according to a reliable source. There is no way I will let such an opportunity pass me by.
 
I want to be a tourist & Photographer
I just feel it is going to be fun.
Image result for Black Chauffeur





Cool right? Tell me what you want to be?


Comments

Popular Posts